Monday, September 25, 2006

A long Tag after a long time

Rules of this tag:
1. Name the person who tagged you.
2. 8 things about you.
3. Tag 6 people.
So EU is being mean yet again and this time she goes the extra mile by tagging me!!! x-(
OK, here goes eight things about me.
1. When I'm drunk, like totally wasted, either I laugh like real loud or get into a lame argument. One such time, I was at a friend's place and we were arguing about whether White people should be called "pigmentally challenged" instead of White. I don't remember if I was fighting for or against the argument, neither does he. But our important discussion was interrupted by a knock on the door by a couple of White cops. We were asked to "tone it down". Freaks!
2. I can eat anything that I find in the refrigerator. I have this blind faith about "refrigeration". If you refrigerate it, the food has to be still good.
3. Extending the thing about eating, I can eat anything if I'm watching TV and I wouldn't even look at my plate. Give me something that is rotten but if the TV is on, I'll gulp it down. What's more? If there is a game on and my favorite team is playing, I'll ask for a second helping. Weird, isn't it?
4. I love watching Standup. If it's on TV and "one time on TV only" Oscar winning movie is on at the same time, I'll choose Standup over it. It becomes a lethal combination when I get drunk and get home and I tune into Standup. I'll laugh out loud till I'm sober. The best part is I totally enjoy watching it alone because even if I didn't get a joke, I can still laugh and nobody is going to ask me "What was it? I didn't get it".
5. I dig for trivia. I'm all ears if there is an interesting piece of news/fact/event you want to share with me. And I read up as much stuff as possible at any given time. For example, did you know a Baker's Dozen is actually a dozen plus one? So that makes a Baker Dozen 13! Isn't such stuff interesting?
6. I have an inclination towards Gangster movies. I look for such movies in all languages. I have a good DVD collection of movies too. I just love collecting DVDs. If there is a "25th anniversary special edition" DVD of my favorite movie out in the market, I make sure I have it before the approaching weekend. My eyes just pop out when I hear "Special Collector's Edition". It's like my someone inside me is screaming "I'm a special collector!!!".
7. I love trying out new cuisines in a good, classy restaurant. I'm not saying I'm rich or anything because I know my wallet is going to be thinner than ever and I'm going to be anticipating my next paycheck after I walk out that place. But I think some cuisines should be tried at the place which has a spotless white sheet on the dinner table, a champagne bucket and some exotic whiskey to go with it. Trash those candles. I hate the idea of candle-lit dinners. And a good companion, whoa! I'll get drunk on Champagne that night.
8. OK here's a serious part, sometimes I feel really terrible because I don't speak with my parents too often. Especially my dad. He doesn't like talking over the phone and sometimes we talk online but not for long. I miss them real bad from the day I left home but over the years, I have begun to overcome that and as a result of which, I don't end up calling them weeks together. It's not because I don't want to talk to them, given a chance I would talk to them all day but because I know I'll hang up feeling like just letting go of everything I have and heading back. When my mom calls me weeks after I haven't called them, my heart sinks and I'm like "I was going to call you tomorrow". She never says anything else except "That's fine, I was just hoping you are alright". Why don't I ever think of that?

4 Comments:

Blogger educatedunemployed said...

Becasue you are very secure that your parents will always be there for you no matter what, where as they know better.

Loved this post.After a very long time, I can relate to this blogger that I once knew.A tag well done thanks.And welcome back..like really I think you are back.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Man in a box said...

EU,

Yeah, that goes without a doubt that my parents will stand by me no matter what. But I just feel wretched when my mom calls me instead of me calling her.

Thanks. :P

10:57 PM  
Blogger delhidreams said...

5th n 4th m like that.
and 3rd is absolutely me.
actually i CANT eat anything if i m not watching tv or reading or talking to someone. i need a distratction to eat.

12:57 AM  
Blogger educatedunemployed said...

A dinner a champaign bottle over white sheets is being promised.No I am not drunk right now..just a little happy.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home